Observance of human rights
Gazprom Neft strictly observes human rights in its activities.
The Company subscribes to the following general principles:
- The UN Global Compact on Human Rights, Labour Relations, Anti-Corruption and Environmental Protection;
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights;
- The International Labour Organisation’s Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work;
- The Social Charter of Russian Business of the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs.
Gazprom Neft does not permit any discrimination based on nationality, gender, origin, age or other grounds, recognises the right of workers to form public associations and organisations to protect their rights and interests, and guarantees respect for the rights of indigenous peoples when organising production operations in areas where they reside. The Company ensures the observance of these and other human rights through its risk management system, environmental, production and social management systems, and communications system with internal and external audiences.
The company officially recognises its employees’ rights to safe working conditions, freedom from discrimination and freedom of association and takes into account the special aspects of the culture and customs of local communities in the regions where it operates.
The Company’s principles in the observance of human rights are reflected in its fundamental corporate documents and include:
- Code of Corporate Governance;
- Corporate Conduct Code;
- Anti-Fraud and Anti-Corruption Policy;
- Industrial, Environmental and Occupational Safety and Civil Defence Policy;
- HR Management Policy;
- Regional Policy Concept;
- Information Policy.
The Company ensures the practical observance of human rights by:
- undertaking obligations to observe human rights and incorporating them into the Company’s regulatory documents;
- assessing risks concerning the observance of human rights and developing preventive measures if they materialise;
- interacting with stakeholders on matters concerning the observance of human rights;
- developing feedback channels that enable stakeholders to express their opinion or a complaint in this regard;
- monitoring the observance of human rights by the Company and its contractors.